Thursday, June 05, 2008

SOTD: Vanille Fleurie de Tahiti

Quote of the Day: If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.-- Ludwig Wittgenstein

Today I'm wearing something I haven't worn in ages La Maison de la Vanille's Vanille Fleurie de Tahiti. I suppose this one has been overshadowed in the years since the great vanilla awakening and well this scent has a great deal of memories attached to it; I wore this the first summer my boyfriend and I were together. It is a rich little vanilla with a boozy opening with a lovely ylang-ylang note woven through it and a rich sugery amber cream dry-down. It is a high calorie scent that I would suggest to those that love Annick Goutal's Songes, they don't smell alike but they are most definately in the same family of high calorie tropical vanilla orientals. By the way use this one lightly.

One of my favorite songs being covered by Arcade Fire, Naive Melodly by The Talking Heads:


image provided by artnet.com
image: Tropical Paradiza by Vladimir Manic
video uploaded by jfar23

No comments: