Friday, June 20, 2008

SOTD: Light Blue

Quote of the Day: Lord, what fools these mortals be! --Puck, Act III, scene ii from A Midsummer Nights Dream

Today is the first day of summer, but truthfully summer started earlier than this day here in the Bay Area. Still I rather love the idea of there being an official beginning of the season and well the beginning of summer is always in my mind been associated with fairies. After all these years I still adore the idea of the changing of the season having a mystic and enchanted meaning. So to celebrate and do something I have been meaning to do for a long time I am visiting a museum. To help imbibe the beauty of summer I am putting on Dolce & Gabbana's ode to summer, Light Blue, and yes I have brought melon with me to eat on the museum greens. Lately I have felt the need to appreciate the beauty of the world.

Fragrant Thoughts: Basmati rice and butter go together so perfectly, the nuttiness is delightful.



image provided by artnet.com
image: Museum by David LaChapelle 2007

video uploaded by classical78rpm

No comments: