Tuesday, June 03, 2008

SOTD: Climat by Lancome

Yesterday I had the sort of perfume find that well happens about once a year if you are lucky: I found the discontinued set of Lancome's La Collection of Magie, Sikkim, Climat, and Sagamore at Perfumania for $69.99! I almost made a whoop in the store. With this buy I have unintentionally ended up becoming a collector of the La Collection series, I now have all of them except the new Peat-Etre. Today I will be trying out Climat the most famous scent of the series. I find it interesting that this scent is inspired by the tropics, it really is a history in how scent of a place changes through time, these days it is coconut, gardenia, and tiare that reminds us of the tropics. Climat though is not centered around any of these notes, but instead reminds me of tropical rain. The scent is based around cool flowers enhanced by aldehydes and earthy vetiver.

Quote of the Day: Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. -- Mark Twain

I Feel It All by Feist


image provided by artnet.com
Green Banana Leaf by Nguyen Dieu Thuy
video uploaded by artscrafts

No comments: