Wednesday, June 25, 2008

SOTD: Osmanthus Interdite

Quote of the Day: You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance.-- Ray Bradbury, advice to writers
The weather is once again in the 70's just where I like it. This summer I have gone on a binge to appreciate art, so it is my delight to share a website that has to do with one of my all time favorite moments in art, The Golden Age of Illustration, the site is http://www.nocloo.com/home/ , the best part was and I kid you not, finding out that one of my favorite illustrators, George Barbier actually illustrated a book called The Romance of Perfume, and well I had share the beauty of this on one of my favorite subjects: http://www.nocloo.com/gallery2/v/george-barbier-romance-perfume/
I am especially taken with one featuring a woman with a white doe.

image provided by www.june-leeloo.com
image: Hatsuharu by June Leeloo 2008

2 comments:

Perfumeshrine said...

I was aware of the illustrations from the various countries set in the past (China, India, Greece) which are lovely, but it's great to see them organised in icons like that. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Glad you like it; although I do think it is hard not to like.