Monday, June 16, 2008

SOTD: Bois des Iles by Chanel

Quote of the Day: And remember, no matter where you go, there you are. -- Earl Mac Rauch, from "Buckaroo Bansai"

To say I had a long weekend is an understatement. I attended two graduations (the big one being my boyfriend's), a graduation party, and took my father out to lunch. And to top it off last night I ended up getting awful stomach cramps. I'm feeling much better now, but that was not fun.

So I am finally trying out the legendary Chanel Bois des Iles, so utterly lovely and soothing, the first time I have ever wanted to call a fragrance aromatherapy aldehyde. This has one of the most beautiful notes of sandalwood I have ever smelled. It is also the first time I have ever wanted to associate a Chanel fragrance with fairytales, Chanel for me has always been thoroughly modern with clean precise edges, but Bois des Iles is Chanel's take fairytales, crystal clear but wonderfully soft, like sunlight through crystal.

And because I finally like Coldplay again (I really hated their last album) and I heard it all over the radio stations, and because I think it is the perfect song for George R. R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series, Viva La Vida:



image provided by http://www.animationarchive.org/2005/12/media-kay-nielsen-twelve-dancing.html
Image by Kay Nielsen from Twelve Dancing Princesses
video uploaded by daniloprudente

No comments: