Friday, September 12, 2008

SOTD: Cuir De Lancome

In my own fragrance tradition world on Sundays I like to wear relaxing comforting scents, but on Fridays I usually try to wear something spirited or luxurious, today I am going with the luxuriously chic, Cuir de Lancome, but because I love contrasts I wearing my favorite H&M watermelon top with my black and white floral print skirt and black flats. Giving off the idea of dry and utterly feminine. After work visiting my grandmother, who I admit I adore, we usually talk about cooking, books, and my career in the library. As for fragrance and my grandmother, well she doesn't wear any, but she cracked me up years ago, when I received the present of a bath soak that was fragranced with patchouli and musk, and my grandmother looked over at me said "Jen that is a very sex scent with the musk and patchouli." I loved this comment because it had been a long time since I had heard anyone remember that musk and patchouli are traditionally considered sensual scents.

5 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I love the idea of changing mood and intention with the days via perfume and clothing. Friday is such a wonderful day- the happy anticipation of two days off. I'll probably dress accordingly too...

ScentScelf said...

Sigh. I love Cuir de Lancome. I wish it was just a touch easier to get a hold of....

I think my day for luxurious is Saturday. Night. Or, if I am feeling decadent, Tuesday...just because. :)

Unknown said...

Hey Daily,
One of my favorite things about fragrance is to play with the theme and mood it creates for me; I like to use it to enhance my day.

Unknown said...

Hi scentscelf,
I was one of those maniacs who swooped up Cuir when it showed up on parfum1, I think beautyencounter.com has it at $99.90 (and the only place I have found it so far), you know you might like Daim Blond or Evening Edged In Gold also they have the same gorgeous suade qualities.

ScentScelf said...

(Grinning ear to ear)
I wore Daim Blond on the left wrist during much of the Chicocoa Scentsation yesterday. Much happiness. Have not had an opporutnity to meet Evening Edged in Gold, but I'll toss a bit of PG L'Ombre Fauve love back your way. :)