Sunday, September 21, 2008

Going to the City: Chronicle Books in San Francisco

Today was one of those days where you just wanted to wander in the beauty of the city. The perfect weather, glorious blue skies, and calm relaxed quality that Sunday brings to San Francisco. One of my favorite publishing houses makes their home in San Francisco: Chronicle Books. I entered Chronicle Books knowing I would have one of those moments of euphoria looking at beautifully books, stationary, and journals. I just had to share some of the beauties I saw:







all images provided by Chroniclebooks.com

6 comments:

Rose said...

This looks like a gorgeous shop. I particularly like the postcards and the casserole book looks great too. Now I want some casserole.

Unknown said...

That's how I felt after looking at the casserole book. Sigh, they make there books so beautifully too.

ScentScelf said...

Ah, Chronicle. They were one of my happiest booths to visit during the ALA convention a couple of years ago, when I had an opportunity to attend in Chicago.

Beautiful presentation, cool content in almost every book, and delightful representatives. I generally trust that if I see that imprint, I am going to like what is inside, no matter who the intended audience (children, adults, fiction, non-fiction).

Happy for you that you are able to just "pop in."

Unknown said...

Scentscelf, I have to ask are you a librarian? I'm right now getting my masters in Information and Library Sciences.

It really is true, look at anything by Chronicle and you overall are going admire the material and design. If you ever make it to SF, go to the Metreon center, and you will find the Chronicle bookstore; then ogle happily.

ScentScelf said...

No, I'm a teacher--English, film. Crossover in English, because I love examining the structures of traditional language, poetry, music, & visual imagery (static or in motion). In film, scriptwriting & production.

I have a friend who is an MILS, though, and we went together.

Unknown said...

Ahh, I originally started my college experience as an English major, then switched to history.