Saturday, September 27, 2008

Autumnal Delights: Moroccan Chamomile Apple Blossom Soap by Pacifica

I love a well fragranced soap, as much as body washes are nice, my true love for getting a good wash in is soap. I should also say this before I go on to review this soap; I usually hate chamomile unless it is fresh (I have often compared chamomile tea to cat piss), the only other time I truly enjoyed smelling it was the essential oil of blue Roman chamomile which had the delightful scent of apples and herbs.

Yesterday with half my face numb from having to replace a filling that fell out I decided to head to Whole Foods which is near my dentist. They usually have a gorgeous selection of Pacifica candles and well I am a fan of the Pacifica brand; I hoped that they had their new Avalon Juniper but they didn't. So I sniffed about, I was tempted by the Frankincense, but the truth is I needed a happy scent, then I smelled the Moroccan Chamomile Apple Blossom, this is a gorgeously happy Autumn morning scent. It has a wonderful warm happy quality and reminded me immediately of dew on hay, apples glistening in the early morning sun, and hints of herbacious bushes. What was even better was it was on sale. I was also left wishing Pacifica would expand the line of this scent; it would make a gorgeous body cream.

It leaves the skin wonderfully fragranced and not overly dried.

I also wanted to give a shout out to Pacifica spending so much time on the image design of each scent. They really got the scent with the use of light blue, golden yellow, and beautiful creamy white flowers.

image provided by http://www.pacificacandles.com/soap-blue-chamomile.asp

8 comments:

ScentScelf said...

Hooray for happy smelling nicelies that help us in periods of recovery. So glad you found something for yours...and hope that you quickly return to full health!

There is a clear difference between Roman chamomile and German chamomile, and you are so right about the roman being sweeter and smoother. I was thinking the german was "medicinal," but I can see you might associate it with the litter box. :)

Unknown said...

Did a little research, it turns out the most common chamomile that grows around here is roman (the one that I like fresh) and I suspect that the one most often used for chamomile tea is German.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Pacifica is such a great brand... Love their Mediterranean Fig candle. Will definitely smell this one next time I'm in Whole Foods...

Unknown said...

The Mediterreanen Fig does smell really good; I think their Guava is quite nice too. Plus the Amber and Rose and Nerola...geez maybe I like them :-).

Marzipan said...

I am also a big fan of Pacifica but never got to sample this scent! I am so miffed that they discontinued Avalon Juniper, Egyptian Bergamot Rose and Bali Lime Papaya (luckily I was wise enough to purchase and save solid perfumes and EDP sprays of these!)

Unknown said...

Wait, I thought that Egyptian Bergamot Rose was still around.

Marzipan said...

Discontinued and replaced with Persian Rose (but the Egyptian Bergamot Rose which is more like an amber rose is much, much better!)

Unknown said...

The Persian Rose scent years ago used to be so much better what they have now is not really like the original offering which was more akin to Frederic Malle's Lipstick Rose with a green stemmy note.