Saturday, September 06, 2008

SOTD: Coco Madamoiselle pure parfum

When you smell the other variation of Coco Madamoiselle the flowers are never what you really smell, rather your attention is on the bergamot laced patchouli, but the pure parfum is another story. The bergamot does not last as long instead you are plunged into a creamy heart of jasmine only slowly does the patchouli vetiver drydown come along. It is beautiful and modern with its rather straight lines, it is a fine tailored suit with a few modern edges. It strangely always reminds me of the color orange.
image provided by artnet.com
image: Jasmine by Natasha Law 2008

6 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Absolutely- the evolution to the patchouli vetiver is a slow one. It really made me appreciate the journey of the scent.

ScentScelf said...

I need to try REAL Coco Mademoiselle. The bottle I have is Exhibit A in classic online auction scam; I was very early in my purchasing curve, and good-heart that I am, it didn't occur to me that the auction could end with a low bid because just about everybody else knew that a price too good to be true was just that.

I kept it, though, because it's my only full size Chanel bottle, and it looks good on my cake stand display.

Unknown said...

Daily Connoisseur,
Glad I'm not the only one who appreciates the parfum.

Unknown said...

scentscelf,
I'm so sorry to hear that; I've never used Ebay for fragances because well I have always been to afraid this would happen to me.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I'm just now getting back into perfume! It's funny how you can go through a period in life where you forget things like fragrance that can give you so much pleasure!

Unknown said...

D,
I think you will find staying in the perfume hobby is a lot easier now with the internet, so many of us love it, and we keep the love going.