Sunday, September 14, 2008

SOTD: Light Blue


It's apple season, with all my complaining of the heat in the last couple of weeks, all the sudden on Friday I could smell and feel Autumn in the air, and that wonderful feeling has not stopped. My grandmother for years has been volunteering at the Gerrin Heirloom Apple Orchard, I went up their years ago as a child, and today I am visiting again to go apple harvesting. I can't wait; in honor of this occasion I am going with Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue, although consistently referenced as a summer fragrance, I find that I prefer this as an autumn fragrance. The gentle creamy apple note with hints of bergamot and amber, blooms so much better in autumn weather.
image provided by artmagick.com
image: A Devonshire Orchard by Hon John Collier

6 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Ooh I love Light Blue- and how apropos for apple harvesting! As a kid my parents would take me to apple valley to pick apples and buy cider. My favorite, though, is a well baked apple pie. Nothing smells like autumn more to me. Have fun!

Rose said...

Apple harvesting sounds wonderful. I hope you hve a great time. Light Blue is a great choice- and you're right great for Autumn although I hadn't thought of it before.

Perfumeshrine said...

Hope you have a very good time!
It's nothing like autumn here yet, although we had some rain (the almost tropical kind though....)

Unknown said...

Daily, nothing quite like apple pie, but my real love is apple cake.

Unknown said...

Rose, Try Light Blue on a crisp blue sky Autumn day; it's perfect!

Unknown said...

Helg, when it becomes Autumn in Greece; eat some quince for me :-).