Thursday, September 04, 2008

SOTD: Osmanthe Yunnan

The heat keeps on going and by now it has probably become obvious that I am a bit of a weather nut (I would consider it a major factor in my fragrance choices), instead of cooling down as it had been reported earlier in the week, it appears it will be in the 90's into Sunday. To top it off I am right now battling ants, I'm not messy, but the damn things love to attack kitchens in the hot weather. So on the way home from work today I am going to have to get some attack supplies.

Going with Osmanthe Yunnan today, this is about as close to Autumn as I am going to get because well traditionally osmanthus is celebrated in the fall, in China it is associated with Autumn and the moon festival. Still I know I will be packing up my osmanthus scents come Autumn weather, the osmanthus fragrances I have just don't have autumnal elements for me.
image provided by artnet.com
image: Welcome to My Brand New Home Town by Jiha Moon

4 comments:

Perfumeshrine said...

Great logo change!

And osmanthe Yunnan is great for the weather you're having.
Hope you're well and entering autumn with a lighter spirit :-)

Unknown said...

Thank you Helg! Osmanthe Yunnan turned out to be a great choice, one of my co-workers was going nuts over it. Feeling better after eating ice cold watermelon.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

What a fabulous blog! Love the art work and design... I commiserate with you re: the weather. I'm a Southern California girl longing for it to at least get into the 60 degree mark... Would love to bring out the cashmere!

Unknown said...

Hi Daily Connosseur,
Yay, finally someone to commiserate over the weather with. Thank you so much for your kind words on the blog, actually it was this week that I began to play with the design.