Wednesday, November 05, 2008

SOTD: Ambre Russe a celebration with a touch of bitterness

Overall I will say that last night our country won back its soul and did it with the sort of aplomb that we should be proud of, but I am most definately disappointed in California but sadly not fully shocked. I am a California native, my father is gay and a California native too, and in the US, California is viewed as the "liberal" state. Being the California native I am though I know that this is a large and diverse state is much more conservative than others would think, we have small noticiable enclaves of our "liberalism" , but I am afraid for the most part that title is undeserved. I will not give up though, we have seen the fruitition of a African American president, and we will see Gays attain the right to marry those that they love. Let us not forget Bayard Rustin.

image provided by artnet.com
image: Abundant Change by Barbara Rogers
video uploaded by bavc

2 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

prop 8 is so disappointing... I cannot believe that it passed. A huge mistake and setback...

Unknown said...

A very big mistake and setback. Still the ACLU has a pretty case going for it.