Saturday, November 22, 2008

November in a bottle

Last night my friend and I got together and went to our favorite brewery, Buffalo Bill's located in Hayward, CA (okay it is basically the only thing in Hayward you would want to go to). I should probably say this before I got any further I am not a beer expert and I am more of a wine drinker. We had a wonderful time chatting and relaxing after a long week and both of us ordered the pumpkin ale which I had never had before. For many years I have meant to try pumpkin ale but have never gotten around to it, well it proved to be a delightful surprise last night, and the first think I said after taking a sip of cinnamon laced pumpkin ale, was that it was November in a bottle. While the cinnamon is prominent in scent the flavor is mild in the ale and just adds tha perfect feeling of warmth and crispness. Very enjoyable.

image provided by artnet.com
Image: Thoreau's Pumpkin by Jeanie Tomanek 2007

No comments: