Saturday, May 24, 2008

SOTD: Opal by Sonoma Scent Studio


So yesterday was fabulous, my boyfriend took me to this insane castle winery up in Napa. It is amazing the change of scenery as you go up the valley the further up becoming greener and more forested. So lovely. We later on stopped at anothe winery to have lunch and there was the lovely scent of jasmine in the air.
Today I have to work and I suspect it will be crowded in the library, the weather has taken a turn for the cold and rainy, which is shock in May and after the heat of a couple weeks ago. Still I plan on my first visit to the farmer's market today, been waiting for this all winter and most of spring. Today I will be testing out Sonoma Scent Studio's Opal, which is so far a lovely cozy musk, and later on most likely putting on some Euphoria.

Quote of the Day: Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Song: A Case of You by Joni Mitchell (0ne of my all time favorite songs)

image provided by artnet.com
image: Pink Cloud by Julie Freund

7 comments:

Perfumeshrine said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful little trip: visiting those vineyards at Napa and the wineries are a dream of mine. I like to go on similar trips here.

Opal must be nice! Have in mind to test it.

Unknown said...

It's nice, but not spectacular very similar to Ava Luxes Nude Musk which has been compared to Perfect Veil. Definately has vanilla in the dry down.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to spend the day --- in Napa! I am also a BIG fan of Joni Mitchell's "A Case of You".

Unknown said...

Helg, someday you should come see the wineries they are quite lovely. Well that whole area is lovely.

Unknown said...

Pavlova, Glad to know someone else who loves the song.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, nothing beats Joni Mitchell at her finest. That is for certain!

Unknown said...

Really nothing does beat this song Trish. :-)