Monday, May 12, 2008

SOTD: Infusion d'Iris


So yesterday was not good, I came down with a fever and now have a mild case of the flu, no working on papers for me and now I am working on a deadline. Good goin Jen. The answer to this scent wise, Infusion d'Iris.
Sampled: Immortalle l'Amour by Ayala Moriel, starts off with a gorgeous vanilla extract note (apparently she used 3 vanillas in this) and dries down to the most mapley scent ever, you will want to lick your wrists. This has shockingly good lasting power. The tea made to go with this is also quite lovely.
Gaucho by Ayala Moriel, now this is herbacious! Has the most amazing smokey dry down, one I have never run across in any other fragrance, literally the scent of a match lit when run across stone. Sounds weird, but very addictive to smell. Sadly the lasting power of this scent isn't the greatest.

Quote of the Day: We rarely think people have good sense unless they agree with us. -- Francois de La Rochefoucauld, Maximes (1678)

Image: Birthday by Marc Chagall

2 comments:

Perfumeshrine said...

Get well soon! I got a fever as well these past few days and it's the pits....
Love the Chagall :-)

Unknown said...

Feeling much better now, but it had me out. I thought the Chagall was quite nice :-)