Friday, March 07, 2008

His and Her's


I admit I am fascinated by the concept of complimentary female and male fragrances. Although, I will add before going on that I fully support men and women going across the gender lines of perfume and wearing exactly what they want. And now back to his and her's fragrances, the fact is rarely do designers actually come out with his and her's scents that actually complement each other. So I have decided to propose my combinations that actually compliment each other from the catergories of male and female fragrance and I fully support the crossing of gender lines with these fragrances.

Bvlgari pour Homme Soir and Prada Infusion d'Iris

I would have never smelled the similarities of these two fragrances had my boyfriend not bought himself Bvlgarie pour Homme Soir on a whim. In fact I will say this on a paper strip these don't smell alike all, but once on the skin do they begin to share magical similarities. The magic note that brings them together: papyrus. Infusion d'Iris has always reminded me of the scent of papyrus but papyrus is not one of its listed notes, I suspect that Infusion d'Iris achieves this quality with the mixing of iris and vetiver. As for Bvlgarie pour Homme Soir well the papyrus note is achieved because papyrus is one of its notes.

The differences between these two are as interesting as their similarities. Infusion d'Iris remains through out its process to drydown with hints of green sap to complement the dryness of the iris and vetiver blend. Where as Bvlgari pour Homme Soir hints at the lightest fougere notes and dark violets surrounding a powdery grey iris note.

These two scents achieve a lovely cool elegance that is perfect for a spring and can easily be worn by either sex.

Official notes for both fragrances:

Infusion d'Iris: Galbanum, Mandarin Orange, Orange Blossom, Lentisk, Iris, Cedar, Vetiver, Benzoin, Frankincense

Bvlgari pour Homme Soir: Bergamot, Darjeeling Tea, Papyrus, Musk, Amber.

image provided by artnet.com

Male and Female Anglo-American Raccoons by Nicolas Huet 1817

No comments: