Thursday, June 11, 2009

SOTD: Vanille Galante

Once again I am giving my full attention to a sample this week, this time Hermes' s Vanille Galante. What has struck me everytime I have tested it out is the saltiness of the scent. I have this image in my head of lilies by the ocean being misted over with salt water while an vanilla orchid blooms in the background. In my head it is tropical flowers growing on the coastline of Oregon.

image provided by artnet.com
image: Mirage by Iran Issa-Khan 2008

10 comments:

Trish said...

Tropical flowers growing on the coastline of Oregon would be my dream come true!!

One day I will grow plumeria in my house, as soon as my boys get a little older and throwing super balls in the living room becomes a little less frequent, LOL.

Unknown said...

Trish, plumeria is so beautiful, it was my favorite flower to sniff when I was in Hawaii.

Trish said...

J,

Plumeria drive me crazy I love them so much. I would consider moving to Hawaii just to be able to have a backyard full of them.

~T

The Daily Connoisseur said...

what a beautiful image... it sounds delightful!

chayaruchama said...

Agreed !
Glorious pictorial, my dear.

Unknown said...

Trish, that sounds divine, I would never leave my backyard.

Unknown said...

Thank you Daily and it is a very interesting scent, I don't think I am in love with it, but it is very evocative.

Unknown said...

Thank you Chaya, took me forever to find the right image yesterday.

Perfumeshrine said...

It's a very unique vanilla-floral, isn't it? Your imagery sounds daring and at the same time beautiful :-)

Hope you're well!

PS.Is the D&G new line out yet, then?

Unknown said...

Hey Helg,
Glad you find the imagery intriguing. The nordstroms by me has testers out of the new D&G line but I don't think they are selling, I was not impressed by any.