Thursday, June 25, 2009

SOTD: Jour de Fete

So I decided to follow my almond craving and had heard some good things about L'Artisan's Jour de Fete and some not so good things, in general the house of L'Artisan and I have had a no go relationship, except for making me love a floral, Le Chasse Aux Papillons. The notes for Jour de Fete are the stuff for making lovely scents: almond, pink laurel, wheat, orris, bourbon vanilla, cedarwood. In truth this is almond water, you can barely smell it, this smells like the memory of a babies head from 10 years ago. I smell this and I wish they had pumped up everything just a bit more.

5 comments:

chayaruchama said...

Oh, my dear !
My FAVORITE choice of card stock ! [ your picture, of course !]

And such a gentle, lyrical fragrance...
A caress in brutal times.

Kisses to you from your older sister....

Unknown said...

Thanks chaya, it really is a gorgeous image, just wish the juice was stronger.

Rose said...

The L'Artisans can be tricky. I was trying Anannas Fizz again at the weekend and while it's lovely with it's vegetal, pineapple thing it's not so good I have to have it.

La Chasse is wonderful though- helped by a wonderful name I think!

Unknown said...

Rose, I think that is the issue I face with L'Artisans good but not good enough for me to want to get a bottle.

Unknown said...

Rose, I think that is the issue I face with L'Artisans good but not good enough for me to want to get a bottle.