Monday, January 12, 2009

SOTD: Dolce & Gabbana Red Cap over Spun Orange Blossom

So today is Monday and I will be spending it waiting for maitenance repair. As I right I have two cats trying to find their perfect sunspot. Avalou on the table sitting on a cupcake book (she likes to be next to me) and Henri on the living floor by the patio glass door moving his head in fascination at the movement of leaves. Last night I spent the evening over at a friends house for dinner and there in the company of two women, who could wear florals, one wearing the original Vera Wang and the other I fairly positive the original Marc Jacobs, and I was most definately jealous in a way only a fragrance lover can be. I have a hard time wearing florals, to put it this way I can make the most easy going florals highly indolic, example Bvlgari Jasmin Noir, as Grain de Musc points out in her newest article this piece is very light on the jasmine, put it on me though, and you have major indoles baby. I often wish I could pull on the floral category better because it adds such an easy feminine quality. Still in my years of exploring floral fragrances I have learned: rose usually is my best friend and so is osmanthus, tuberose and orange blossom are the white flowers for me (Gardenia is usually not), Jasmine and I are very tricky, my best luck with the note being Bvlgari pour femme and Coco Madamoiselle pure parfum, and finally my major florals are:
Le Chasse Aux Papillons
Bvlgari pour Femme
Mille et Une Roses
Osmanthus Interdite

And now for an awesome little music video, The Pierces "Sticks and Stones," very gothic, and had Buffy the Vampire Slayer was still around this song would so have been used:


Avalou approved scents:
Bal a Versailles
Magnifique
Burt's Baby Bee Apricot Baby Oil

Henri approved scents:
Dolce & Gabbana red cap

image provided by http://lacomunidad.elpais.com/la-mujer-poliedrica/2007/12/7/el-color-mis-suenos
image: La Dormeuse by Tamara de Lempicka
video uploaded by thepierces

2 comments:

Rose said...

How interesting... We have very similar floral tastes! I also find rose especially easy to wear.

Unknown said...

I have to ask what other florals do you enjoy?