Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SOTD: Climat

The crazy whether continues so decided to put on the beautiful green mineraly Climat. As I put it on I was thinking about how this fragrance is supposed to inspire the tropics and how our idea of tropical fragrances is so different now, the thought then continued on to a new release: Manoumalia by LesNez. This next thought is based purely on speculation considering I have never smelled Manoumalia, but every review I have read references that it has a beautiful earthy vetiver note running through it, I wonder if Sandrine Videault might have taken some reference from Climat in this inclusion of earthy vetiver note in her tropical based fragrance? Once again I just want to mention this is pure speculation.
image provided by http://whetyourimagination.blogspot.com/2007/03/tamara-de-lempicka.html
image by Tamara de Lempicka

No comments: