Thursday, December 04, 2008

SOTD: Farnesiana

It is hard to believe it is Autumn still with all the grey outside. Yesterday I got to do one of those wonderful things in life: finish a book. For awhile now I have been reading The Hakawati by Rabih Alemeddine, what a gorgeous tale to tell, for those who love tales intertwined, it is hard to describe, but I can without reservations got tell everyone to go pick it up and enjoy the sheer beauty of it.

After yesterday's leather fest I am putting the eternal comfort scent of Caron's Farnesiana, I love the heliotrope mimosa entwinement doughy qualities of this scent.

And for the perfect winter fairytale song, The Crane Wife by The Decemberists:


image provided by artmagick.com
image: The Four Seasons (Autumn) by Alejendro de Riquer 1890's
video uploaded by skeltonic

2 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

There's nothing like finishing a great book- You can take the feeling with you all day...

Hope you have a great one!

Unknown said...

I always feel so strange finishing a book, like I really have finished a journey, and I am always a little dazed afterwards, you know the feeling when a friend leaves after spending the weekend with you.