Friday, August 08, 2008

SOTD: Tea Olive by Hove

Today I am finally trying a truly American fragrance and rendition of osmanthus or as it is known in the Southern United States, Tea Olive. The scent opens very white floral but as it calms down the scent begins to gain the lovely aspects of apricot/peachy and the white floral becomes creamy, the scent induces the idea of summer and cute white summer dresses.

I also on my wrist have the very intriguing Serge Luten's 5 O'Clock au Gingembre, which is amazing me with its smoky russian caravan tea base with a hint of gunpowder, while still keeping the stem ginger note, I don't think it's me, but damn if I don't enjoy smelling it. It really is the slice of a moment, it occurs to me that this would make an awesome candle scent.

Currently I am now obsessed with the new Coldplay album, I hated their last album, but the boys have created something awesome with this album, and a great deal of this thanks go to Brian Eno. Yes by Coldplay:

image provided by artnet.com
image: Blue Sky by Henrik Simonsen 2008
video uploaded by Hunter 45367

No comments: