Sunday, August 31, 2008

SOTD: Angelique Encens

I really did not think I would like Creed's Angelique Encens that much considering the first fragrance I ever tried of theirs was rather hellacious on me (Fleurs de Bulgare), but last night I received my swap sample of it and I was blown away. This is what I wanted Frederic Malle's L'eau d'Hiver to be, this is strangely beautiful comforting cool incense, it is white marble with blue veins come to life, in a way it reminds me of L'Heure Bleue, but this actually works on me. Really if I were to describe it, it is a combination of L'eau d'Hiver and L'Heure Bleue, but ironically timeline wise, L'Heure Bleue is the grandmother-Angelique Encens the mother-L'eau d'Hiver the grandchild, what is strange though is this scent seems to straddle luminously feminine and yet I can't help but want to say it is androgynous. What I adore is it keeps the beautiful delicate green note of angelica through out, surrounding it with wonderfullying dry incense and cashmere like heliotrope tinged vanilla. I suppose I expected the cold Commes des Garcon's Avignon, instead this is somehow this is unearthly and comforting. Thank you Marlene Dietrich.


image provided by artnet.com
image: Illusion by Louis Icart

2 comments:

ScentScelf said...

Hmmm, interesting. I'll have to check this one out, especially since I am intrigued by L'Heure Bleue and enjoy the Guerlain Angelique Noir.

Unknown said...

What is Angelique Noir like? For me this is the wearable L'Heure Bleue (Guerlain and I just can't seem to get alont when it comes down to their feminine scents, but I enjoy their masculine scents).