Monday, September 22, 2014

Autumn Bounty

Today is the first day of Autumn, which for me is always a cause for a little celebration, it is my favorite season, and here in California probably the most elusive. It arrives so much later than in other regions that I think once it arrives I really make the point of reveling in it. So here are the scents I am looking forward to wearing once a chill arrives in the air and corresponding Autumn-like images I like to think they evoke :-).

Nebras by Al-Rehab. I have been looking so forward to this warm powdery floral in fall.


Anglomania by Vivienne Westwood. A spicy powdery rose scent with hints of leather, yet soft enough for everyday wear.


Arquiste No.31 for J. Crew. Delicious plum rose cider scent.


Traversee du Bosphore by L'Artisan. A strange wonderful combination of rosewater loukhoum, tart apples, light suede, light tobacco, and powder yet wonderfully wearable.

Geisha Noire by Aroma M. Spicy seductive dark amber and sandalwood.
Just a few of the fragrances I plan to wear. What do you plan to take out for Autumn?

Nebras image from: Sh3noonte
Anglomania image from: Anna Berezovskaya
Arquiste image Daniel Merriam
Traversee image Maria Zhelibskaya
Geisha Noire image Courtney Johnson

2 comments:

ghoulnexdoor said...

Ah! If I had any left I would douse myself in Hermes Ambre Narguilé - a smoky, honeyed amber with syrupy apple cider notes. I'm not always one for sweet fragrances but this one is pretty incredible. Alas! Due to frequent dousings, the bottle is empty.

Unknown said...

I am very lucky to have in my stash the Ambre Narguile but I find that one works best for me in the colder winter. Still that cinnamon tobacco honey powdered apple pastry is divine. The most blasphemous thing though is that it took me awhile to appreciate it.