Thursday, September 17, 2009

SOTD: Musc Nomade by Annick Goutal























Sometimes you just forget that Annick Goutal is not all romance and that the house is very much willing to take creative leaps. I always think that a perfume is showing its art when you smell it and image immediately springs to your mind, Musc Nomade did just that. While Musc Nomade's inspiration lies in the Middle East, when I smelled it something very American popped in my head: The South Western Painted Horse. Yet this is not completely anachronistic, in the US the painted horse is a symbol of nomad-ism at its most wild and beautiful. When smelling Musc Nomade, I immediately smelled hay, warm horse breath that had just eaten oats rolled in molasses, the colors of Navajo white and rich chocolate brown.

image provided by artnet.com
image: Horse and Stone Walls by Patricia Turner 2008

4 comments:

Rose said...

I'm going to have to try this again and look for the hay! Do you like Brandy by any chance? it sounds like you might.

Sorry i've had some firewall issues of late so can't always post when I want to.

Nice to have you back and with some very lovely art to look at to.

Unknown said...

Rose,
I have tried Brandy but on my skin it didn't do much, just smelled like non-descript sweetness.

Rose said...

ah that's a shame about Brandy. Impossible to get here but am thinking about a luckyscent sample as it sounds so good. Pity if it is just over sweet.

Unknown said...

Rose,
I was bummed out too.