Thursday, April 02, 2009

SOTD: Songes

The weather has cooled down a little bit but the sun keeps on shining beautifully. I took a sniffage trip to the mall earlier this week and will have a report up tomorrow. Otherwise I have been enjoying the beauty of this perfect gorgeous spring weather, I think spring in California may be the shortest season, summer comes so fast. I right now have a vase of daffodils on my dresser and they really are my favorite spring flower, they are perfect in all of their sunny trumpeting glory. Also I just a read a wonderful book called His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik, for lovers of regency fun and dragons, this is wonderful, besides the main character reminds me a bit of Austen's wonderful Colonel Brandon.
image provided by artnet.com
image: Was it a Dream by Amy Guidry 2008

4 comments:

trish/Pikake said...

I had a bouquet of daffodils in my kitchen the other week and was surprised at their fragrance. I hadn't remembered them having a scent. It was gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Mine didn't have any fragrance which makes me jealous.

Rose said...

Ah Col Brandon- where are his modern equivalents hiding- he was divine anyway but with Alan Rickman playing him- almost too much

Unknown said...

Seriously where are his modern equivalents?! LOL.