Saturday, October 18, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Well it finally happened I got tagged, by the wonderful Helg at http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/(ack blogger is acting weird and won't allow me to link this in a prettier way). So let us begin, first the rules and regulations :-):
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write six random things about yourself
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

So six things about me:
1. I don't like mushrooms because of the texture, I enjoy the flavor though, but the texture wigs me out. The exception woodear mushrooms.
2. I know how to make a mean fire. I grew up on a ranch and we used a wood burning stove to heat the house, I still have this awesome skill after so many years.
3. My first pet was a rat, I named it Peaches and Cream, turned out it was a boy rat.
4. The first perfume I was given was on my eleventh birthday and it was Vanilla Fields.
5. I am fairly good at belly dancing for someone who has never taken classes.
6. The first words my Aunt heard me say as a toddler were "Fuck duck." Leading to the lesson of always be aware of what you say in front of your kids; although I suspect my father got a hoot out of it.

Blogs I enjoy and love:
Pepper over at http://frugalcuisine.blogspot.com/ (a great cooking blog with wonderful glimpses into Chinese street food)
Rose over at http://arosebeyondthethames.blogspot.com/ (always offering a lovely perspective on beautiful things and keeping me jealous of the fact she lives in London)
The Daily Connoisseur http://dailyconnoisseur.blogspot.com/ (a great blog about appreciating everyday pleasures and not everyday pleasures)
Scentscelf at http://scelfleah.blogspot.com/ aka Notes From The Ledge (I love mixture of nature, perfume, and music. Always a unique perspective)
Divina at http://fragrancebouquet.blogspot.com/ (Great fragrance reviews and a warm soul)
TMH256 at http://fortheloveofperfume.blogspot.com/ (Lovely fragrance reviews)

image provided by artnet.com
image: Hi Jinx by Jessica Snow 2006

7 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I loved your facts- each one so random yet so informative :) Thanks for the mention... The internet isn't working at the flat in London so I'll be posting mine in a few days... hugs!

Unknown said...

Thanks Daily; they are so incredibly random but I figured that they would be enjoyable. Sorry about the internet issues, but no worry to get tag up to fast.

Perfumeshrine said...

Thanks for playing J :-)

A rat pet must have really scared the neighbours I bet, though, and visiting relatives! What a hoot! (not to mention your first words, which are unrivaled)
And belly dancing, uh huh, hidden talents ;-)

Unknown said...

Helg, I don't really remember anyone being afraid of my rat, it was a really gentle rat. My first words really are unrivaled, ironically I don't use expletives that much. The belly dancing is one of my most shocking talents.

Rose said...

Hi Jenavira- I think I misunderstood and thought you were linking to the blog but wasn't sure that you were tagging me- sorry! last week was a blur.

Anyway thank you so much for mentioning my blog and your kind words and I will be answering these questions as soon as I can.

Marzipan said...

Vanilla Fields!!! I forgot about that one! I must have drained five bottles of it when it first came out! Our skin may be different for tobacco notes but I am definitely loving some of your gourmand, lavender and skin/musk picks mentioned throughout the blog.

Unknown said...

We can't be alike in all things :-D.