Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Scenting the Women of Mad Men: Midge

Although, she hasn't been featured in the second season of Mad Men, Midge most definately deserves a spot in this series. As usual, maybe my mind runs on repetitive, I thought of Shalimar when first scenting Midge, but then quickly realized that just really didn't fit this bohemian and independent woman that Don Draper was very much tantalized by but couldn't get around his head for quite awhile that she was miles away from him in culture. But then again it occured to me that Midge is Balmain's Jolie Madame beautiful, sexual, but very much at the same time earthy with is tobacco chypre notes and aloof with with it cool violets and gardenia.

By the way I just wanted to add I am only using scents that are available at this time period.

4 comments:

Perfumeshrine said...

I am yet oblivious to Midge and her guiles (for obvious reasons), but 1)love the pic and 2)find the perfume chosen well fitting that pic. :-)
Hope you're very well!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Helg! Glad you like the fit of perfume and woman.

Anonymous said...

Just came across your Mad Men scented thoughts-genious! And I concur. D'you think any would have worn the original Je Reviens? I respect your choices, but I think I would have given Rachel this :)I love that scent.

Carole

Unknown said...

Hi Carol,
Je Reviens would most definately been within the scope of fragrances available to Mad Men women. Interesting choice for Rachel; I can see it.