Thursday, July 03, 2008

SOTD: Carolina Herrera

I'm not sure what has come over me but today I am craving a big white floral. I admit I am in a dramatic mood and as much as I love orientals and florientals the idea of wearing something spiced, just didn't fit the bill. Part of wearing Carolina Herrera which is also inspired by Chandler Burr's review of it last week, the first time I smelled it, I hated it, but then again I stuck my nose right in it, but today with two dabs it is rather lovely. The tuberose is bright and crystilline and sings sweetly and I am rather enjoying the green powdery narcissus. What really kills me though, is Carolina really did get right when she wanted to evoke her Latin American heritage, because this scent really does evoke to me the large dancing skirts of Latin America.
image provided by artnet.com
image: Canasta de luz (Basket of Light), Sumpango, Guatemala by Flor Garduno 1989

No comments: