Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I admit this isn't very healthy...

I love a good cup of tea in the morning. My favorite type is something malty, darkly brewed, and with a splash of something creamy. I usually go with a chai, assam, or a hearty breakfast blend although of late I have tried to ease myself into the world of darjeeling. Yes caffeine isn't that good for you but there are worse things out there, yet you ask where is the unhealthy part coming in? Well my favorite creamer is whipping cream (no I don't do it everyday or week) yet about once month I have a small amount of whipping cream left usually left over from making some sort of dessert. So I would rather not waste it and I add it to my tea...I now regret doing so because it makes the tea wonderfully extravegantly rich and delicious. I really should get back to oolongs I wouldn't have this problem.

3 comments:

Rita said...

everything will eventually kill you. Myself, I prefer green tea usually, without any additional stuff. maybe that's an asian thing. a guy at work, Jeff says the best ooblong teas are made by the Japanese.

Marzipan said...

There are many more worse vices! I love tea perhaps as much or even more than perfume...if you are looking for a good oolong I highly recommend Republic of Tea Milk OOlong. I just purchased it and have it now every morning with a dollup of raw organic honey and a splash of milk.

Unknown said...

It is so funny you bring up Milk Oolong, this weekend I tried for the first time, I bought some from a local tea shop steepers.net and what an incredible tea. Last year I actually bought the Republic of Tea Milk Oolong for a friend and she really liked but I had not yet tried it before. While I was drinking the milk oolong this weekend I thought what an incredible scent this would be.