Monday, November 24, 2008

SOTD: Ambre Russe

Ever had one of those days where you just wanted to smell dramatic? Well today I do but actually this desire started yesterday when I found the image above done by one of favorite illustrators, George Barbier, which heavily evoked Ambre Russe to me this feeling then continued as I looked for pieces by Ravel and found Tzigane which continued the insistence that I wear Ambre Russe. I had been tempted to wear Ambre Russe on Thanksgiving but that just doesn't seem appropiate; I will most likely choose Burberry Brit Red.

Tea for today: Peet's Russian Caravan

Ravel's Tzigane performed by Sarah Chang with the Berlin Philharmonica Orchestra:

image provided by artmagick.com
image: La paresse by George Barbier 1925
video uploaded by leomanjuice

4 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Love the image... so art deco and fabulous!

Unknown said...

Oh Daily if you love this image then I must share some more George Barbier wonderfulness: http://www.nocloo.com/gallery2/v/george-barbier-romance-perfume/

Rose said...

I completely agree, I just want to jump into that image and something dramatic is called for! wow. I'm going to look him up too.

Brit Red seems like a great thanksgiving choice to me, Im'm a fellow fan of it as you know. I must say I had a great time when I was in the US for thanksgiving, such great food. I kind of wish I was there...

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked Thanksgiving. The funny thing about Barbier is his stuff seems to have been really revived in last few years.