Thursday, February 05, 2009

SOTD: Evening Edged In Gold

So there is nothing like a second go at something, in this case it is Ineke's Evening Edged In Gold. I can smell the osmanthus now, this is as smooth as silk, there are no velvety apricot fuzz qualities to it. While it is a floral this is not a spring or summer scent, there is a rich depth to it that can be overwhelming in the summer heat, it is strangely aquatic, but not in a melon sort of way. What strikes me the most about this scent is just how very Northern California it feels, I can't explain it other than this is the scent of dusk in Northern California in the Bay Area with a definate hint of breeze from the bay. I admit I am so glad I retried this scent.
image provided by artnet.com
image: Transitions XI by Barbara Weldon 2005

8 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Hi Jena! Love retrying things and discovering new things... BTW- is it raining up there? We had the strangest week... extremely hot on Monday and freezing and rainy today!

Rose said...

isn't it strange how you can try something in one mood or not get it and another time fall in love. That happened to me with Mitsouko!

Unknown said...

Hey Daily,
It is indeed raining up here. We didn't have any extremely hot temptures thought.

Unknown said...

Rose,
Funny you should mention Mitsouko; I think I am finally warming up to it.

Perfumeshrine said...

This one is eerily different and "alive" isn't it? A shape-shifter too. It's probably too sweet for me to wear, but it has something compelling that makes it a must-try for sure.
Hope things are going well.

Unknown said...

Helg,
Funny you should say it is too sweet, because while I admire it, I find that for me it is too rich even though it is so ephemeral smelling.

Marzipan said...

Love this in cold wintery weather!

Unknown said...

I think I need to retry this one in colder weather also, it really does not work in warm weather. It occurs to me it is a bit akin to Serge Luten's Daim Blond.