Friday, February 06, 2009

SOTD: Philosykos

What is the answer to fragance boredom in a recession? Go get your box of samples out! Today I am visiting Diptyque's Philosykos, now I feel rather stupid that in my obsession a few years ago with fig, I didn't bother to try Philosykos; which is kind've blasphemous as far as fig scent lovers go. This september I received a sample of it with my Ambre Russe sample, not being in the mood for a fig scent I didn't bother to try it, but did stick it in a box for future sampling. Well I am kicking myself because is quite frankly this is the perfect black mission fig scent: green, sweet, creamy all at the same time.

And now for some humor that rather ties into the erotic symbol of the fig leaf or as Jemaine likes to call them his "sugarlumps" and no I wouldn't play this at work:


image provided by artnet.com
image: Good Afternoon by Alex Katz 2007
video uploaded by McTezTube

4 comments:

Rose said...

I THOUGHT you'd love Philosykos. I wasn't a fig scent lover at all before this. I tried it on a whim while waiting to pay for something else at Diptiqye thinking yeah yeah am sure it's nice but I won't like it and was like woh I must own this. I always get compliments on it too (I only really wear it in the summer)

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I love figs and just tried Guerlain's Figue Iris- delightful... Will give Philosykos another try as I was traveling in England when I tried it and didn't give it much of a chance...

Unknown said...

Rose, I definately want to give this a retry in the summer (I suspect it blooms in the heat).

Unknown said...

Daily, if you are ever in SF we also have a Diptyque store.