Thursday, February 19, 2009

SOTD: Chanel No.5 Sensual Elixir

So I haven't reached for an aldehydic beauty in awhile and I thought my sensual elixir deserved some attention, the day is cold and clear, and I think aldehydes sometimes do the best in this weather. Coldness keeps them bright and sparkling yet doesn't let them become overbearing. So far I have kept constant this year in being seasonel with my fragrances but I am pretty sure the doldrums are coming out in the fragrance community. So how is everyone doing, broken down yet and brought out the spring fragrances?
image provided by artnet.com
image: Emma Pink & White by Jesse Frohman

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am toying with a summer beauty today, SIP's Moon Garden. A whopping tropical confection that is just gorgeous. I am so ready for warm weather!

Just added you to my blog roll so hopefully even more people will enjoy your wonderful aesthetic.

Unknown said...

Thanks Trish. I love the name Moon Garden, but I admit I have such a hard time wearing tropical scents especially if they are gardenia heavy.

Anonymous said...

I ended up going the Perfume House so I ditched the Moon Garden idea and tried Narcisse Noir instead. (Still craving spring I guess).

Moon Garden is more tuberose, not so much gardenia. I'll be reviewing it in the next month or so. It's a fascinating one.

Anonymous said...

can't wait for spring!

Rose said...

I like sensual elixir very much even though normal number 5 and I don't work well together- would love to get some elixir though, it's on the list!

I am half way between winter and spring fragrance wise. I have ditched the seriously heavy fragrances and am obsessed with Apres L'Ondee and my old friend Coco Mademoiselle at the moment- I consider both of those quite seasonless.

I am starting to feel the urge to get the spring and even summer scents out, winter has seemed so long!

Perfumeshrine said...

This is an excellent modernisation of the No.5 scent and not miles away from the recent Eau Premiere, I feel. I ma experimenting with lots of spring-like fragrances these past two weeks, planning on what I will be enjoying. I'm all over the place!
I wish you a swift progression into spring! :-)

Unknown said...

Ador I can't wait either.

Unknown said...

Rose I have found that with No. 5 it really is all about the formulation, the one I can't wear is the edt.

Unknown said...

Helg what fragrances do you think you will be going with?