Sunday, July 20, 2008

SOTD: Omnia

Funny how things come full cirle, when I was in my teens I was in love with Susan Seddon Boulet's art, and some how over the years I have forgotten about her. That is until I was re-watching season three of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and there was a poster of Susan Seddon Boulet's work in Buffy's room. This re-occurence was driven even more when I went to Santa Cruz yesterday and walked into a wonderful stationary store and Boulet's artwork was everywhere.

And now for some 90's fun and something rather ironic too, The Beginning is the End is the Beginning by The Smashing Pumpkins, this song was originally created for the Batman & Robin movie which was one of the worst of the Batman franchise of the 90's. This weekend opened the second of Christopher Nolan's intelligent and dark take on Batman. I was introduced to this song this weekend via the new trailer for The Watchmen based on a graphic novel aka comic, and behold the song I'm blathering about:

image provided by http://www.imeem.com/people/Nmsbm_S/
image: Athena by Susan Seddon Boulet
video uploaded by imindaband

No comments: