Thursday, May 15, 2008

SOTD: Osmanthe Yunnan

So I finally got my order decants from Fishbone (by the way she is awesome). I ordered a decant of Hermes Osmanthe Yunnan unsniffed she reduced the price heavily and I could not pass it up (this is also my first Hermes from the special collection). So this is an interesting take on osmanthus, starts off with the smoky tea note that definately has an anamalic musk note going through it. Enter the freesia and orange which when intertwined give this fragrance a hint of pine, and finally the lovely osmanthus in all its leather apricot glory. This is a bit of a smoke and mirrors fragrance with its opening. Interesting I have some Peet's Osmanthus Yunnan tea and well I am going to have to get that out.
Music: Never The Same by Supreme Beings of Leisure (oh how I love pandora)
Quote of the Day: I'm too shy to express my sexual needs except over the phone to people I don't know. -- Garry Shandling
image provided by artnet.com
image: Jeune Fille au Turban Orange by Tamara de Lempicka

No comments: