Sunday, May 11, 2008

SOTD: Mille et Une Roses


I have a long Sunday ahead of me, to put it quite simply, Mother's Day is a hard day for me, my mother passed away when I was a child, and well having that gap in your life is never lessened as time goes by. I am also working, which will keep my mind off what today is, but also takes time away from working on my papers. So what do you choose to wear on day that you need to feel embraced? I'm choosing Mille et Une Roses, it has a gentleness that speaks of the maternal or maybe it is an angelic compassion. It is not a strident astringent rose like Agent Provocateur or a sexed up rose like Frederic Malle's Lipstick Rose, it is quite simply a beautiful gentle rose, could be the reason why it is loved by so many, it is hard to find a gentle scent.
Testing: Sahleb by Ayala Moriel, what I smell is lovely, rosy, powdery, with a hint of something almost minty, just wish it had more oomph. And now a little incense. By the way if anyone has the notes for this please share.
Quote of the Day: I'm not sure I want popular opinion on my side -- I've noticed those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.-- Bethania McKenstry

image provided by artmagick.com
Sleeping Beauty by Henry Meynell Rheam

No comments: