Thursday, February 21, 2008

SOTD: L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger

Today I am sick, I was yesterday too, but now it seems to taken a turn for the worse. The irony of when I am sick is that I don't want to smell any of my usual sweet favorites. Instead I end up preferring scents with little to no sweetness. So today I am giving my time to L'Artisan's Fleur d'Oranger, a very generous sample I received, this is a lovely orange blossom that really plays on the a neroli aspect, and then becomes a dry orange blossom. Still this orange blossom is not for me and I continue my quest for an orange blossom scent; I am also thankful this not for me because this one has a nice hefty price tag to go with it. Also a little side bit the scent of orange blossoms is the scent of summer for me. The heady sweet bitter tart scent roams through the Bay Area neighborhoods in the summer morning buzzing with sound nectar seeking insects.

image provided by artnet.com
Portrait of Desiree Manfredi (The Summer Girl) by Jacques Emile Blanche

No comments: