Thursday, January 15, 2009

SOTD: Datura Noir

All week I have been craving Datura Noir so today I am finallly wearing it. It is such a strange mixture of cool and languid. Bizarrely it reminds me of humidity yet it has a cool juxtaposition of powder. Thoughts on skin chemistry, I have a coworker who loves Lolita Lempicka, and every time I wear it she compliments me on it, yet here is the funny thing she never recognizes the scent on me. As I worked by her side last night I caught a waft of Lolita Lempicka (I think it has one of those really memorable distinct sillages) and I was amazed at how different it smelled on us and was still recognizable to my nose, on her the vanilla is really upped where as me the vetiver and powdery violet are more accentuated.
image: Portrait of Romana de la Salle by Tamara de Lempicka 1928

2 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Wow- I was off blogger for a few days and missed all of these fab reviews! They all sound intriguing and I LOVE (of course) the art deco prints... The weather is so bizarre in California isn't it? It is a beautiful 83 degrees and sunny here in Santa Monica... So strange when I'm reading about how people feel like their skin is freezing off in the midwest- oh well, I'm going with it!

Unknown said...

Weather in California is most definately bizarre, but I admit I am freaked out by this perfect spring weather when I know we need rain. Found an awesome art deco book on sail at Barnes&Noble, highly suggest you check into it ;-).