Monday, January 05, 2009

SOTD: Badgely Mishka original scent

Juice tampering; is a dreaded word combo in the fragrance adoration club. For awhile now I have wanted to revisit the scent of Badgely Mishka to see how the osmanthus note held up in it, I had tried it when it first came out, and I remember it having a prominent amber note and fairly sweet opening. So yesterday while shopping I went into a Sephora to get a sample and brought it home and sprayed it on, the first thing that popped to my mind, they used the same osmanthus note as Narciso Rodriguez edt, and this does not smell like the Badgely Mishka scent I remember from only a few years ago. What it really smells like is another NR clone with the amber drydown now smelling distinctly masculine, very masculine, in fact like cheap cologne. Hmmm, I wonder if this is fragrance tampering or if Sephora's lights wrecked the juice? Still this reminds that this last summer that I did a major search for Badgely Mishka's scent on the net and could not find it anywhere only to now find it once again everywhere; do I smell scent conspiracy or has Sephora's intense lighting aged a juice? I must investigate.
image provided by erte.com
image: Cape a la Ruse by Erte

No comments: