Monday, October 06, 2008

SOTD: Angelique Encens

I just can't get over the beauty of this scent, I love the beautiful herbal green liquor of angelica juxtaposed against a cedary incense and then cocooned in a gorgous soft blend of heliotrope and vanilla. I imagine the perfumer and Marlene Dietrich were going for the idea of being cocooned by wings. It is beautifully comforting but at the same time serenely cool. You just want to surround yourself in it. It is a perfect hazey scent.
image provided by artmagick.com
image: Winged Figure by Abbott Handerson Thayer 1889

2 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

This does sound angelic- am loving the vanilla theme that you are following...

Unknown said...

I does seem to turn out that my nose is craving vanilla. I think it is the basic need for comfort.