Sunday, August 27, 2006

Madonna Lily by Ava Luxe


Notes: Madonna Lily, green leaves, light musk.

There might be something said for starting a fragrance at the bottom note and keeping it there. Yet, first lets get to the reason for why I ordered a sample of Ava Luxe's Madonna Lily, it begins with Sonoma Scent Studio's Incense Lily which spurred me into finding a lily fragrance without vanilla or incense, I loved the lily note in Incense Lily. So here I am at Ava Luxe's Madonna Lily, which is exactly that a lily fragrance and nothing else, yet for lovers of Kai, this may be a nice cheapie for those that love the drydown of Kai but do not love the somewhat harsh green notes Kai has at the beginning. This fragrance remains the same from bottom to top, yet sometimes it is nice to just get to the bottom of fragrance and not have to endure the sometimes annoying babble it takes to get there. This is a "no great feat of perfumery" fragrance but it offers exactly what it is and sometimes that is exactly all that is needed. And yes it does get creamy but remains clean. Still I remain on my search for the perfect lily fragrance.

No comments: