Monday, March 09, 2009

SOTD: Lolita Lempicka

So I am kind've of having the really unexpected, I think I have actually met someone who I could be very serious about and who is about me. I admit I expected this year to be full of really bad dates but instead the opposite has happened I have met someone who is genuinely interested in me and we can talk easily to one another, we share the same interests, and attitudes and philosophies. We have talked long on the phone every night since we have met. I am no die-hard romantic and after a 5 year relationship I have a good idea of what is bad and good, this is scary good. So to answer the beauty of spring and what I am positive in a 99.9% sure way is going to be a relationship, I am putting on Lolita Lempicka. So the question is what has everyone's romances been like?
image by Eveline Tarunadjaja

9 comments:

Rose said...

I'm so glad for you, there is nothing better than when it all feels so easy and so good.

For me the end of last year and the beginning of this have been a series of false starts but I'm strangely chilled out about it for the moment.

I'm hoping it'll happen when I least expect it... but am trying to push it along with some dates

Anonymous said...

Well, I met my husband right after a long and unproductive relationship ended and it was scary good immediatly as well. And the good times have yet to end.
Relationships can only do one of two things.. end or last forever. This one has lasted 8 years, 5 being married, 2 kids and has no sign of ending. We work to keep it going, but we never have to work too hard. And that's the difference.
What did Big say to Carrie... "with you it just got too...hard, and with her it's...easy". You want easy, cause life's hard to begin with:-)
I wish you the very best J!
-Kayliana

Unknown said...

Rose, hang in there, and being chill is always good. The beginning of this year and the end of last year have really been crazy.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip Kayliana! And I am definately keeping that mind especially after I also ended a long relationship that went no where.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I am so happy for you! There is nothing better than that feeling in the beginning...

My husband and I have been married for almost three years now and it's going really great... we are scarily close but I'm not complaining :) Our romance was a fast one... engaged after only 6 months!

Unknown said...

Wow Daily! Sounds like a fine romance (okay what is wrong with me today and referencing television and movies in my replies?) Possibly it is the gorgeous spring weather.

waftbyCarol said...

I'm so happy for you Jen !!
A relationship is alot of work ....be flexible , be yourself , and enjoy !!

Unknown said...

Thank you Carol and I am enjoying myself.

Flora said...

I am very happy for you, I can hardly remember what romance is like, partly because I am holding out for the real thing, but I hope to find someone like that one of these days. I agree, it should never FEEL like work to keep a relationship going.